1. Having fear of Allah and knowing Him– Taqwaa(fearing Allah) is key of happiness and success. Through taqwaa you become an obedient servant of Allah. Taqwaa repels you from evils and attract you to the good deeds. Having fear of Allah is the key to peace of mind. To convince ourselves this, we don’t need to go further and deeper study. Just look around you or yourself, how you are influenced by desires. When you are alone and have the ability of doing evils, what can hold you back from these evils? Nothing can hold you back, nothing can save you from the consequences of your evil action except taqwa. So by holding you back from evils, taqwa saves you from torture of mind,losing peace of mind. How many people by not able to control their lust, they fail to pit of destruction? How many people commit suicide every day due to depression and loss of peace of mind? This is taqwaa which saves you from trauma of life.
To fear Allah, we should know Him. Without knowing Him, how can we fear Him? To know Him we don’t need to go philosophy or corrupted scriptures. We should open our eyes to uncorrupted and protected Book since revealed till now. That is the Qur’an and Prophetic sunnah. These are the only way to know Allah (sW). If we seek knowledge to know Allah from other places, we will end up in confusion and loss of peace of mind. The more we know Allah the more we fear Him, the more we have peace of mind. Why? Because we become a servant of King of kings rather than being servants of unlimited objects such human being, our desires,Satan,worldly material and etc. Being servant of Allah is true freedom and emancipation. When you become a true servant of Allah, you are neither guided by your desires nor Satan nor human being. You are guided by His guidance which is free from mistakes. This gives you peace of mind. Allah says:
“O you who believe! If you obey and fear Allah, He will grant you Furqan a criterion [(to judge between right and wrong), or (Makhraj, i.e. making a way for you to get out from every difficulty)], and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you, and Allah is the Owner of the Great Bounty.” Sura Al-Anfal 8:29
2. Staying away from sins– to stay away from sins, we should implement first criterion. Running away from sins, gives you peace of mind because you are not disturbed by the consequences of your sins. For example, if someone stays away from fornication, he doesn’t undergo torture of mind. Due to this evil action, disease may happen to him or unexpected pregnancy may happen to her. But above all if he/she dies without repentance, only Allah knows what wait him/her in Hereafter. So running away from sins, gives you freedom, peace and happiness. These all are associated with taqwa(fear of Allah).
As human beings, we fail to sin. So what shall we do? Is there anyway to go out from darkness to light, from depression to peace of mind? Yes of course we have the solution. Use the following tablet
3. Repentance and seeking forgiveness from Allah– while running from sins, sometimes you fail to trap of Satan. Once you have done wrong action, your solution is not to kill yourself by ongoing depression and worry but repent and seek forgiveness from Allah. This relief you from burden of sins and your situation. To allay your depression if you take pain lesser tablets ,after sometime depression is there. But if you repent sincerely from your bad deeds and seek forgiveness, then you transform yourself to new light. Repentance is the bridge on which you pass from bad habit to good. “Repentance and seeking forgiveness relief you from feelings of guilt.” Dr.Aisha Utz Allah says when He invite us to happiness and forgiveness:
“Say: “O ‘Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Surat Az-Zumar 39:53
“And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins – and who can forgive sins except Allah ? – and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know. Those – their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers.” Surat Ali Imran 3:135-136
4. Zikr– zikr means remembrance of Allah. We can remember Allah in many ways. But these all remembrances should be according to Prophetic sunnah, not according to vain desires. When we remember Allah, our soul gets relief. Remembrance of Allah repels evil action and evil thoughts. The more you remember Allah, the further shaytan stay away from you. Allah says:
“Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah – Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.” Surat Ar-Ra’ad: 28
Through the remembrance of Allah, you get peace of mind. If pain of love hard to you, remember Almighty Allah. Insha Allah you will find easiness. The more you remember that person, the more pain of love painful to you. But the more you remember Allah, the more you get peace of mind. Make zikr. For example# say SubhaanaAllah, wAllahu akbar, walhamdulillah walailah ila Allah,… Astaghfirullah.. and other many zikrs. Say these zikr wherever you go. For example on bus, train, and etc. It is not necessary to put on zikr counter on your finger. This is a motto of happiness.
5. Controlling anger– In personality development controlling anger plays a great role. If you flare up for everything, you lose self confidence and peace of mind. Be calm. Identify for what things you should get angry. From my experience to control my anger, ı use various technics. Among these smiling, seeking beneficial knowledge, seeking refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan (saying A’uzu billahi mina sheytaani rajim), keeping silent, leaving a place of a person whom you are debating with. In Islamic perspective, making ablution (wudu’u), praying Prayer (salah) and making du’aa (supplication) remove your anger. If some makes you angry, making du’a for him decreases your hatred and inner burning. Just say,’O Allah guide him/her.’ In this way you get peace of mind.
6. Tawakkul (Putting your complete trust upon Almighty Allah)– for how many things we grieve and worry? Sometimes we worry about the decline /loss of our commerce, Money, lose of children, loss of someone we loved…. How can we solve these? When I came to Turkey, I feared and worried about so many things. For example, loss of scholarship if I can’t pass exams, dismissal from university, loss of job after finishing University and many other fear and worry. To defeat these mental battles, I started studying Islamic books, setting up goals. Alhamdulillah after sometimes wars of fear, grief and worry are replaced by tawakkul. I said what worry about my future life while my provisions are in the Hand of Allah? There is no need to worry. My present task is not to waste my mind and time on worry, grief and fear, but to focus on working for my goals. This gives you peace of mind. Allah says:
“And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.” Surat At-Talaq 65:3
7. Having patience– through patience you taste the sweetness of your effort. There may be much worry and burden that surround you. These are all tests that make you stronger if you patient. We know the people who severely tested are Prophets. At same time Prophets are at the top of excellence. No other human being can reach their status. They are tested, become patient and pass the test. And then they became the strong and role model for humanity. This is a fruit of patience.
You may tested financially or mentally. But today the severest trial is mental test. Your inner may be attacked by doubting your true religion that is Islam due to propaganda, whispering of Satan, having little knowledge about your religion and etc. when the person doubts about religion, he is close to giving up practicing. Then another sea of worry, grief and depression are going to open for him. To battle with these crises he/she pays much more prices. To defeat mental tests, we need to have patience, seeking knowledge about our deen(religion) especially reading and pondering over the Qur’an. Just give it an hour every day out of 24. Then Insha Allah your doubt will be cleared, you get peace of mind, you know where to go. Because the Qur’an is light. When the person takes the Qur’an as his guidance, “Everything brightens up in front of him. No longer is he confused about anything; no longer does he suffer any hesitation before taking a serious decision; no longer is he traveling an unmarked road and no longer is he uncertain of his direction. His ultimate goal is clear. His way towards it is straight and he is certain of his footsteps.” This is peace of mind.
8. Being content– Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said “Richness does not lie in the abundance of (worldly) goods, but richness is the richness of the soul (heart, self).” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
When you become content with what you have and be grateful to Allah, you achieve serenity and peace of mind. You don’t be disturbed by a clutter of wealth. To be content with what we possess, we need to seek knowledge and have tawakkul. The more your imaan (faith) increases, the more you become content and calm. Being content and grateful with what you have is the source of peace of mind. Share what you have with others. Miserliness and greediness steal your happiness.
Alhamdulillahi Rabil Aalim Insha Allah until I come back by next part Assalamu aleykum wr wb (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon you). Share with others so that they may get peace of mind. Note that above translations of the Holy Qur’an are taken from Muhsin Khan and Sahih international